Monday, December 26, 2011

Per usual, not much time... December 5, 2011

So I'll type as much as possible here.

First of all, thank you for your emails. It really means a lot to me hearing from all of you. I hope you all enjoy reading these ones.

This week, per usual, not much has happened. We had thanksgiving, and that was fun. I'll send pictures of our zone at thanksgiving. Basically, we just ate a bunch of rottisserie chicken and mashed potatoes, as well as drinking Djino and Topamplamoose. It was fantastic.

Francoise is going to be baptized, most probably. I have high hopes for December 24th. She has totally committed and is now reading her scriptures and stuff every day. I love going to see her. I just really hope she wants to keep going.

I have a couple new investigators I'm excited about. Francois (unrelated to francoise) works at Camtel (cameroonian telephone company) and he is awesome. I love going to see him. He's a really sharp guy, and after giving him the book of Mormon, read through the first 5 chapters of 2 Nephi, from the start. He has committed to living the word of Wisdom, which is tough for him to do, but I really hope he is going to pull through and make it to baptism. I get the feeling he will.

Charles is the husband of a recent convert. Charles has had a troubled past, and has had some troubles with his wife, but now is coming to church, and has started settling differences and helping his wife out with stuff. He is really receptive of the gospel, and has also committed to the Word of Wisdom. I really hope he makes it to baptism too. I get the feeling he will - he already has extra support from his wife.

Sorry this email is skimpy. I don't have much time... Again...

- Elder LaFleur

1 comment:

  1. As you can see, this email was way back around Thanksgiving time. I plan to get caught up on Andre's emails this week. There really are only one or two more as he hasn't sent out the "mass email" for a while now. Dijno is a soft drink in Cameroon, same with Topamplamoose. Pamplamoose is grapefruit in french and Top is a soft drink distributing company so I think its grapefruit soda pop.

    ReplyDelete